Do you desperately need to take care of your fitness programs but are awfully averse to working out? No worries, because we’ve got the perfect diet plan for you that’ll help you get a fit body in just 12 weeks!
Weight Reduction or Stamina Building?
What is it that you exactly want from your fitness diet? Most of you will probably say that you need to lose those extra pounds and get in shape. But very few know that weight loss, muscle building, stamina building- every component of the overall fit body are very much interrelated and in most cases, one automatically results in the other.
The key to any sort of fitness diet is focusing on proteins. Take a look at your daily meal. What are you having a normal day? List out the items you are having and see how much carbohydrates you are consuming daily. Is it at least fifty percent of your total food consumption every day? That’s probably the root of your problems. Too much carb not only ruins your fitness but also makes you hungry faster, whereas food rich in protein makes you less hungry and thus reduces your overall intake of food.
Basic Tips for the Next 12 Weeks!
Over the next 12 weeks, doing the following will complement your diet, and ease the process.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water every day. If you absolutely hate drinking plain water, go for fresh fruit juice or smoothie. Make sure it doesn’t contain any extra sugar!
- Use stevia or xylitol to sweeten if you really need to. Do not touch the sugar pot.
- Drink 3-4 cups of green tea or black coffee since these are good for boosting your metabolism. Drink decaffeinated ones if the caffeine bothers you.
- Your focus will be on cramming your plate up with protein and veggies. Protein is the most fulfilling component you’ll find!
- Low carbs and low fat together can be a destructive duo. So while you focus on low carbs, make sure you get some healthy fats like oily fish or vegetable fat.
- Try to do some light workouts three times a week. Sometimes due to low consumption of food, our metabolism slows down and exercising can help boost that rate up. Just go for a walk, or swim, or just do some light weight lifting at home.
- Snack only if you need to. Skip it if you are not hungry.
The Diet Plan
Choose one set every meal from the given options. It’s important not to have the same thing every day. If you don’t hit your target by 12 weeks, you can continue the regime for longer till you are satisfied.
You might need to stick to both the snacks in the first week, but on the second week, try to avoid at least one snack. Your third and fourth weeks better be snack less.
Half a cup of muesli in half a cup low-fat milk
Wholegrain toast with cheese and tomato toppings, and an apple
Veggies and two eggs
Protein shake with three Brazil nuts, one scoop vanilla protein powder, two or three pieces of pineapple, 250 ml almond milk
Greek yogurt with one cup berries and half a cup of seeds
Snack 1 (Optional)
One cup of mixed berries
One cup of low-fat yogurt
One cup of fruit
Two pieces of dark chocolate with half a cup of blueberries
Half a grapefruit and an egg
Chicken salad (100 g grilled chicken breast, peas, and tomatoes with olive oil dressing)
Tuna Sandwich (100g Tuna, tomatoes, lettuce and two slices of rye bread)
Turkey Wrap (100g Turkey breast and cranberry sauce in wholegrain pita wrap)
Beans (200g mixed beans, chopped tomatoes, chopped garlic, chopped onion, all simmered, and served with steamed veggies)
Smoked Mackerel (Mackerel cooked and smoked with a side of veggies in olive oil)
Snack 2 (Optional)
A glass of low-fat protein shake
A cup of nuts of your choice
Pieces of veggies in low-fat hummus
Half a cup of strawberries and half a cup of carrots
Two tablespoon cottage cheese with celery sticks
Lamb (100g lamb racks oven-baked, served with one cup vegetables and mustard)
Roast Beef (100g beef roasted, steamed vegetables and half a cup of pumpkin)
Salmon (100g grilled salmon in garlic, honey and soy sauce with vegetables)
Roast Chicken (100g roast chicken breast, sweet potato wedges fried in olive oil and a serving of vegetables)
Tofu (150g tofu stir-fried, with ginger and garlic and a side of steamed vegetables)
- Do not miss a single meal! Since you are already taking less calorie than usual, skipping meals can result in dizziness, weakness and even gastrointestinal problems.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks during this time, since you’ll intake extra calories through them.
- Avoid all sorts of store-bought drinks like fizzy drinks, chocolate milk, and juice with sugar and preservatives.
- The beginning will be the hardest, so try your best to endure. A lot of the times, our brain mistakes our thirst for hunger, resulting in a lot of snacking. Take two sips of water and see if the hunger lessens.
- Have realistic expectations. Attaining total fitness may take years. It’s a way of living that with habit and regularity, slowly shapes up your body. Therefore, you cannot expect a drastic change overnight, nor should you despair when you don’t get it. Patience and regularity are components that you’ll need a lot!
- If you face difficulties in doing your day-to-day work, stop the diet plan immediately.
- If you have conditions like diabetes, blood pressure, or if you are pregnant or a lactating mother, do consult your doctor before you take up any diet plans.
Now that you are fully equipped with the knowledge to fight the battle and win that damn war, we wish you all the best. May the Force be with you!