Getting up late in the morning, you always rush out the door for school or office. You start the day with an empty stomach and feel drowsy and fatigued which hamper your work at the same time. At the lunch break, what do you do? You shovel the unhealthy food into your mouth to gain energy and ended up overheating.
This is a bad practice. Eating breakfast strengthens brainwork and keep your body fit and healthy. Unwilling to make breakfast meal in every morning, some avoid doing breakfast.
So look up the list below where you can take your breakfast food without preparing the meal.
Coffee works as a great mood booster to start your day. It’s very refreshing and improves your mood and mental performance.
- Drinking a cup of tea reduces risk of several diseases like diabetes and prostate cancer
- It increases metabolic rate and fat burning.
- Rich in antioxidant to reduce inflammation and protect cells lining your blood vessel and reduce the liver disease risk. (20, 21, 22, 23, 24).
It’s better to skip flavored drink with skim milk.
So, a cup of coffee in the morning will give you a good start of the day, free from drowsiness and offer you mental refreshment!
Eggs are protein enriched delicious food and keep your tummy full all the morning.
Once it was ignored for dietary cholesterol but now considered as a healthy protein with nutrient vitamin D. From the research it’s found that it has less impact on blood cholesterol than it was thought before.
- Egg yolks have lutein and zeaxanthin which help to prevent cataracts and macular degeneration. (4, 5)
- The best source of nutrient, choline is essential for liver and brain. (6)
- High in protein that helps to reduce calorie intake and also maintain blood sugar and insulin level.(1, 2, 3)
If you crave for cereal for morning breakfast, oatmeal is the best choice.
- Enriched with beta glucan fiber to lower cholesterol and increase heaviness or fullness after having the meal.
- Rich in antioxidants to protect fatty acids from being rancid. It helps in decreasing blood pressure and protects heart.(30, 31, 32).
- Oats are gluten free but processed with gluten grain (33). So precaution for the celiac diseased people to buy the gluten free oats.
- Oats are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, potassium, and folate.
Avoid flavored kind because of the addition of high sugar. Instead, prepare it with milk and also you can use toppings like banana nuts or almonds, etc which will make your breakfast healthy, nutritious and yummy!
Don’t like coffee that much? No problem at all. Have a cup of tea instead. Among black, green or white tea, green tea is healthiest of all. All tea provide antioxidants.
- Healthiest beverage to offer good metabolic rate and improve mood at the same time (15, 18, 19).
- It has antioxidant named ECGC to protect the nervous system, brain and heart (62, 63, 64, 65).
- Helpful against diabetes where it’s found from the study that regular green drinker has controlled blood sugar and insulin level (61).
Creamy and tangy greek yogurt is delicious and nourishing and enriched with plenty of protein. It’s made by straining liquids which make it more concentrated in protein.
- It’s prescribed for weight loss. Because of the ‘thermic effect,’ it reduces hunger and increases metabolism after eating. (9, 10)
- It increases hormone level to give fullness.
- Some yogurt contains probiotics which help to stay your guts healthy.
- Full-fat yogurt consists of CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) which reduce breast cancer risk and increase fat loss (12, 13).
So, at the time of buying select non-fat variety yogurt and add fruits like berries to sweeten your breakfast meal to keep you full all day long.
Berries are enriched with vitamins and minerals and low in calorie. Berries include strawberry, blueberry and raspberry to pile up in your cereal and yogurt for healthy breakfast food in the morning.
Blueberries are delicious superfruit which can be taken as fresh or frozen one.
- Low in calorie and improve memory system in your body and help in metabolism and controlling blood pressure.
- It’s a good source of antioxidant.
Red colored strawberry looking raspberries are a perfect topping for yogurt, oats or pancake and even for the smoothie… It elevates the breakfast meal to a high level.
- High in vitamin C, vitamin K for building strong bones.
- It consists of a kind of antioxidant to fight against cancer.
Delicious and mouth watering strawberries are almost favorite to all. It’s used in making cake and also used as toppings.
- Contains vitamin C and high amount of folic acid and fiber.
- From the study, it’s found that it reduces the risk of heart attack.
Kiwi is tart but delicious fruit which you can add it in your breakfast meal.
- Rich in potassium and copper
- It has more fiber than banana and assists in digestion
- It has a good amount of vitamin C like orange.
- Mitigates constipation problem in the patient, having bowel syndrome.
Banana is a delicious and healthy fruit which can be kept in your breakfast list.
Some avoid this food for being high in calorie and starch. So for that buy yellow with a touch green banana which is a source of resistant starch.
- Healthy carbohydrate to keep you full, all day.
- It has healthy dose of potassium to lower blood pressure naturally
Slice it to use as toppings. Again, make a yummy banana pancake with honey and berries as toppings to have healthy and mouth watering breakfast food.
- Carbohydrate-enriched food.
- Gives energy to do the work properly keeping you full for a long time.